Ballymoney Market House

Ballymoney Market House may have been built by the Earl of Antrim in 1755. At that time there was an open arcade and a tower with a clock. By 1841 the market hall had ceased to be used and only the upper floor was used for the manor court and for Sunday school. Extensive alterations were carried out which included closing up the arcade and putting a new Italianate campanile on the tower. With all these changes the building looks more like a church than a market house and is now used as a masonic hall.

Return to County Antrim List
Return to Gazetteer