Carrickfergus Market House





Carrickfergus Market House may have been built in 1755. It is a two-storey building with four large arches at the ground floor and six rectangular windows at the upper level. There is a pediment with clock above the two central windows. The two central arches have segmental heads and are slightly higher than the outer arches which are round-headed. The front of the building is not plane but has a slight crease which extends upwards into the pediment. The building was used as council offices between 1884 and 1936.


Return to County Antrim List
Return to Gazetteer