DALWAY'S BAWN, BALLYHILL
Map Reference: J443914 (3443, 3914)
This is a very fine example of an early 17th century planter's bawn. It was built about 1609 by John Dalway. It was a rectangular bawn with four round flanking towers, three of which still exist.
The inner faces of the towers are square with crow-stepped gables. There would have been a dwelling house in the middle but this is now gone.
Return to County Antrim List
Return to Gazetteer