Dervock Market House





Dervock Market House dates from 1805. It was built by Mr Peacock for Lord Macartney. The building is two storeys high and may be five bays long. However any arcade which may have existed in the long facade has been filled in and the alterations pebble-dashed. The central three(?) bays are recessed. The short facade has a large blocked arch which rises through one and a half storeys. It frames two rectangular windows, one above the other. It is topped by a pediment which may have contained a clock. At this end of the roof a short square tower supports an octagonal cupola.


Return to County Antrim List
Return to Gazetteer