Middletown Market House





The inscription on a plaque on Middletown Market House indicates that it was built by the Trustees of Bishop Sternesís Charities in 1829. It is a two-storey four-bay structure with the two outer bays breaking forward. For many years this building was in a sorry state. The archways were blocked and the building was partly overgrown with ivy. It has recently undergone extensive renovation and is now in a presentable, though far from original, condition.


Return to County Armagh List
Return to Gazetteer