Arvagh Market House
Map Reference: N275972 (2275, 2972)
Arvagh Market House is a nine-bay two-storey structure built before 1837 by the Earl of Gosford. It may have been designed by W D Butler. The central three-bay section is represented by a large arch at the ground floor. Above the string course are three narrow rectangular windows and at the top is a large pediment with a semi-circular opening. The outer six bays have been greatly altered and appear now as two three-bay houses. They are similar to each other only in size having modified windows and doorways.
Return to County Cavan List
Return to Gazetteer