Baillieborough Market House
Map Reference: N678967 (2678, 2967)
Baillieborough Market House was built in 1818 by Colonel William Young. It is a fine two-storey three-bay structure with the central bay breaking forward and topped with a pediment. The main facade has three large arches at the ground floor with three rectangular windows at the upper level. The side elevation shows one large arch at the ground floor with a small upper window. In 1972 this building was described as being derelict. The pediment was missing, the gables had been rebuilt with concrete blocks and the roof was covered with corrugated asbestos. Happily the building has been completely restored and now houses the library.
Return to County Cavan List
Return to Gazetteer