Ballinagh Market House was erected in 1821 by James Stewart Fleming. It is a five-bay two-storey building. The three broad central bays are recessed and have arches at the ground floor. At the upper level two small circular windows flank an inscription panel. The two outer narrow bays have round-headed windows at the ground floor and small rectangular windows at the upper floor. The building is almost identical to the market house at Ballyjamesduff and is very similar to the market house at Balbriggan, Co Dublin. It is now derelict.
Return to County Cavan List
Return to Gazetteer