Ballyconnell Market House
Map Reference: H273188 (2273, 3188)
Ballyconnell Market House was built about 1838 and possibly designed by W D Butler. It is a two-storey five-bay structure. The three central bays are set in recessed panels and have large arches at the ground floor with small rectangular windows at the upper level. There is a small pediment above the central bay and a space for a clock. The outer bays have narrow arched recesses one of which now contains a doorway. The building has been used as a Gardai Station.
Return to County Cavan List
Return to Gazetteer