Ballyjamesduff Market House
Map Reference: N522907 (2522, 2907)
Ballyjamesduff Market House was built in 1813 by the Cuming Family. It is a two-storey five-bay structure which is almost identical to the market house at Ballinagh and very similar to that at Balbriggan, Co Dublin. The three broad central bays are recessed and have three large arches at the ground floor. The upper floor has two small circular windows flanking an inscription panel. The two outer bays have each a narrow round-headed window at the lower level and a small square window at the first floor.
Return to County Cavan List
Return to Gazetteer