Map Reference: R240974 (1240, 1974)
Carron Church is a good example of a medieval parish church. A church was built here about 1200 but most of the ruin dates from the 15th century. There is a south doorway and two good windows in the south wall.
The east end of the church is overgrown with ivy which hides much of the east window. The church had an upper storey at the west end and there are remains of a bartizan at the northwest corner.
Return to County Clare List
Return to Gazetteer