Derrynavahagh Wedge Tomb
Map Reference: M180054 (1180, 2054)
This well-preserved tomb is closed at the E end and a large roofstone covers the western portion of the burial chamber. The W end is partially closed by a high slab set at right angles to the N side of the chamber. At the S side an outer wall extends considerably beyond the W end of the chamber. Only a small fragment of the E end of this outer wall remains at the E end. The outer wall to the N of the burial chamber is not present but the existence of a ledge of earth and prostrate stones in this area indicates the former presence of an outer wall.
Return to County Clare List
Return to Gazetteer