St Lua's Oratory, Killaloe
Map Reference: R701729 (1701, 1729)
Beside the Catholic church is St Lua's oratory, a small nave and chancel church, removed from Friar's Island in River Shannon ahead of flooding in 1930. The nave is fragmentary with lintelled west doorway. It originally had a wooden roof. There is a plain chancel arch.
The chancel has high-pitched stone roof and round-headed east window with a stepped round-headed recess. There is a south doorway.
Return to County Clare List
Return to Gazetteer