St Finghin's Church, Quin
Map Reference: R417745 (1417, 1745)
This ruined church stands just across the river to the west of Quin Friary. It was built between 1278 and 1285 and a tall slim tower in the southwest corner was added later.
The north wall is completely missing but the east wall stands to full height and has three fine lancet windows.
There are two narrow lancets in the south wall. To the south of the church is a mausoleum to Captain William Spaight who died in 1801.
Return to County Clare List
Return to Gazetteer