The Bridge Mill, Castletownroche
Map Reference: R686023 (1686, 1023)
This six-bay five-storey flour mill was built in 1838 and is part of a complex of structures, some of which may be earlier. It has an integral round-arched passageway through the ground floor to accommodate the former waterwheel. The mill operated until the 1990s when it was purchased by the local community and converted for alternative uses, including a restaurant.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer