Churchtown Market House
Map Reference: R501135 (1501, 1135)
This market house was built by Sir Edward Tierney, land agent to the Earls of Egmont, in 1845. It is a three-bay two-storey building with a gable-fronted central bay. At the lower storey there is an elliptical central entrance archway flanked by two square-headed doorways. At the upper storey the windows are rectangular, with the central window being double width.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer