Fermoy Market House
Map Reference: W812984 (1812, 0984)
The buildings which occupy the south side of Pearse Square form a three-storey fašade which is twelve bays long at the upper levels. They may have been built as a unit c1800. The market house occupies the central four-bay section. It is topped by a pediment containing a clock. The ground floor is formed from a three-arch arcade. The central arch has now been divided into two rectangular doorways and the building is occupied by several businesses including a furniture shop and a tattoo parlour.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer