Kilworth Market House
Map Reference: R833027 (1833, 1027)
Kilworth was listed as a market town in 1299 but little is known of its subsequent history until early 17th century when it became the property of the Fleetwood family. The site of this market house was donated by Earl Mountcashel in 1787 and he also contributed to the costs. It is a four-bay two-storey building.
The central two bays break forward and have a pediment, within which is a clock. The ground floor front had four open arches now glazed. At the upper level the two windows have round heads and the end bays have square-headed windows.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer