The Clock House, Mallow
Map Reference: W562983 (1562, 0983)
This attractive building was built by Sir Denham Orlando Jephson, who had inherited Mallow Castle in the early 19th century. It dates from c1855. It is a three-storey gable-fronted building with a dormer attic block. A timber-built projection spans ground, first and second floors and there are oriel windows at first and second floors. Attached to the south wall is a five-storey clock tower with a timber-canopied entrance. The tower is topped by an open timber structure containing a bell and the spired roof above has a cast-iron weather vane. The building was constructed as a house but is now used as offices.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer