Midleton Market Houses
Map Reference: W882734 (1882, 0734)
Midleton Market House, in Townparks (Midleton) townland, is a five-bay two-storey building topped by a cupola with a clock. It has a hipped roof with finials behind a parapet with cornice. It was built in 1789 by Viscount Midleton.The building is now used by the local library.
A short distance away, on the other side of the steet, is another market house about 10 years older.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer