Templebryan Standing Stone
Map Reference: W387439 (1387, 0439)
At Templebryan there is an enclosure within which is the low ruin of a rectangular church. There are also two souterrains reported but these could not be located at this time. Beside the church is a tall pillar about 3.3m high and 30cm thick.
This pillar has an Ogham inscription and a faint incised cross, but these could not be seen. At the base of the pillar is a very fine bullaun stone.
Return to County Cork List
Return to Gazetteer