Glenties Market House
Map Reference: G820943 (1820, 3943)
Glenties Market House was built about 1840 for the Marquis of Conyngham. It seems to have been originally a two-storey three-bay structure. At the ground floor there was a wide central arch flanked by two narrow round-headed doorways. At the upper level there were three rectangular windows. Two small windows at the ground floor are randomly sited and do not appear the have been part of the original plan. A single-bay two-storey extension has been added at one end.
Return to County Donegal List
Return to Gazetteer