Banbridge Market House





Banbridge Market House was built about 1832 by the Marquis of Downshire at a cost of 2000. It replaced an earlier building which was demolished during the cutting of the road through the top of the hill. It is a two-storey three-bay building with the central bay breaking forward. There is a two-storey single-bay extension at the rear. The pyramidal roof is surmounted by a square cupola with a clock face on each side and topped by pediments and a dome.


Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer