Dromore Market House
Dromore Market House was built in 1886 to replace the old market house which had existed for about 100 years. The new market house is built of Victorian brick and had arches (now bricked up) in its longer sides. The short front has two round headed doorways at ground floor level. Between them is a round-headed window the sill of which is at the impost level of the doorway. The sills of the two windows at the first floor are at the impost level of the central window. There is also a small round window at first floor level.
The gable is surmounted by a four-pedimented cupola with clock. Throughout its life the building had many uses including a cinema and public toilets.
Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer