Hilltown Market House
Hilltown Market House was built in 1828 by Thomas Duff for the Marquis of Downshire. It is a simple two-storey three-bay building with the central bay breaking slightly forward and rising to a pediment. The building is topped by a square cupola with louvred sides and a clock front. It is crowned by a weatherfish. The market house was built about 10 years after the adjoining Downshire Arms and now forms part of the inn.
View showing the inn and the market house
Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer