Map Reference: J646580 (3646, 3580)
This tower-house was built in 1622 by Roland Savage although the style of building dates from two centuries earlier.
The entrance in the SE is protected by a machicolation. The tower is three storeys high and there is a vault above the first floor. At the beginning of the 19th century the castle was extensively remodelled in the Gothic Revival style.
Later in that century massive buttresses were added to the SE face. There are substantial remains of the bawn wall with three-quarter round flanking towers at the corners.
Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer