Portaferry Market House

Portaferry Market House was built in 1752 by Andrew Savage. It is a two-storey four-bay building. On the north face there are two large arches at the ground floor flanked by two small doorways. These central bays have a pediment within which is a clock. There is a similar pediment on the south face. There is a bell on the roof and a sailing ship weathervane.

Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer