Rathfriland Market House

Rathfriland Market House was originally a simple two-storey three-bay building which may have been built before 1770. It was built by the Clanwilliam family. Single bay extensions were built in 1951. They were designed to be similar to the original building but are slightly narrower and lower. There are granite quoins in the original block but cement quoins in the extensions.

Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer