Tullymurry Railway Station
Map Reference: J433413 (3433, 3413)
Tullymurry Railway Station was built in 1896 to accommodate the greatly increased traffic resulting from the development of the military camp at Ballykinler. It is a red brick building with black brick trim. There is a three-bay two-storey section. This has a two-bay gable facing the platform. At the east end is a five-bay single-storey section and beyond this was the signal cabin. At the west end is a smaller single-storey section and beyond it is the goods shed. This section of the BCDR was closed in 1950.
Return to County Down List
Return to Gazetteer