The Iveagh Market, Dublin
Map Reference: O149338 (3149, 2338)
The Iveagh Market, in Francis Street, was built in 1907 by the first Earl of Iveagh. It was designed by Frederick Hicks. It provided covered accommodation for many of Dublin's street traders. The building has a two-storey seven-bay front. The five central bays break forward and are surmounted by a pediment. In the original design these five bays may have formed an open arcade, but only the three central bays are still open. This section of the building is ten bays deep.
The rear section of the building has a single storey without the pedemented roof. It has four carriage entrances.
The building is now (2014) out of use and somewhat delapidated.
Return to County Dublin List
Return to Gazetteer