Map Reference: O133610 (3133, 2610)
Location: About 8km WSW of Balbriggan, close to the Meath county border
This old church is a simple rectangular structure. It was erected in 1710 by Edward Hussey and his wife, Mabel alias Barnewell. It has a very fine west doorway with barley-sugar twist moulding and pecked dressing.
There is similar dressing on the fragment of the south window opening. There is a two light east window with a transom and some decoration in the spandrels.
The north wall is missing. The memorials in the graveyard are mainly 19th century and modern, although there are several older stones. One memorial of 1758 bears the tools of a blacksmith: hammer, pincers and horseshoe.
Return to County Dublin List
Return to Gazetteer