Thoor Ballylee

Map Reference: M482062 (1482, 2062)

This is a four-storey 16th century tower-house. The castle and the adjoining cottage were repaired and lived in in the 1920s by the poet W B Yeats.

When he left in 1929 it became ruinous again. In 1965 it was restored as a Yeats museum.

Return to County Galway List
Return to Gazetteer