Map Reference: M373333 (1373, 2333)
This five-storey rectangular tower-house was built in the 15th century by the Clanrickard Burkes. The pointed doorway is in the SE wall near the east corner.It opens into a small lobby with a guardroom on the left and a spiral stairway on the right. The tower is vaulted above the second floor. There are several mural passages and mural chambers at different levels and fireplaces at first and second floors. The presence of some corbels at parapet level indicate that there was a machicolation.
Return to County Galway List
Return to Gazetteer