Map Reference: M853040 (1853, 2040)
The Cistercians of Dunbrody established a chapel at Portumna dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul. When it was abandoned the Dominicans erected a friary dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
The remains include a church with a nave, chancel and transepts as well as some domestic buildings.
There are some fine windows and part of the cloister has been re-erected.
Return to County Galway List
Return to Gazetteer