Map Reference: Q802122 (0802, 1122)
View from the south-west
This medieval church possibly dates from the 15th century. It has north and south doorways. A plaque with a damaged carving of an armed horseman has been inserted in the wall inside the south doorway. This may date from the 13th century. The figure is headless but it is not clear if this is its original condition. All the worked stone has been robbed out from the windows but an ambry has survived near the west window.
The south doorway
Small cross-inscribed stone in the wall
The headless horseman
Return to County Kerry List
Return to Gazetteer