Map Reference: Q829264 (0829, 1264)
This tower-house was built in the 15th century by the Fitzmaurice family. It stands about 18m high but most of the SE corner, which contained the stairway, has disappeared.
The rectangular doorway is in the west wall. The castle is lit throughout by narrow slits except far the north wall which has a large pointed window.
Return to County Kerry List
Return to Gazetteer