Map Reference: Q606127 (0606, 1127)
There are substantial remains of this church which may be built on an early ecclesiastical site. Some of the remains may date to the 13th century but most of them are probably 15th or 16th century. Although a large amount of the church still exists much of it is masked by tombs, rubble and ivy. A south doorway is one of the features which is easily visible. The main feature of interest within the churchyard is a tall stone cross. This is a plain sandstone cross with quarter-circle hollows at the angles.
It is about 3m high and up to 50cm wide. The arms are 1.2m across. The thickness throughout is about 20cm.
The south doorway amid the rubble
Return to County Kerry List
Return to Gazetteer