Map Reference: S658355 (2658, 1355)
This church probably stands on the site of an early monastery dedicated to St Bronndan (Brendan the Navigator?). It is a nave-and-chancel church with a small out-building which may have been a sacristy. There is a flat-headed west doorway with a cross of arcs in relief above it. There are antae in the west gable.
The Romanesque chancel was added in the 12th century. The out-building may have been built in the 15th or 16th century when a bell-cot was added to the west gable.
One of the cross-inscribed stones in the church
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer