Kells Flour Mill
Map Reference: S497435 (2497, 1435)
This large flour mill, in Kellsborough townland, is known locally as Hutchinson’s Mill. It was built about 1800 and used, latterly as a corn-mill, until 1902. It had a brief revival in later years but is now disused. The building is thirteen bays long and five storeys high, with a single-bay five-storey return. A large undershot waterwheel is attached to the SW gable.
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer