Black Friar's Church, Kilkenny
This church was founded for the Dominicans about 1226 and dedicated to the Holy Trinity. It was suppressed in 1541 but repaired by the Dominicans in 1643 and occupied for a short time. The building consists of the nave and south transept of the original church.
There is a large five-light east window
Inside the church is a very fine alabaster statue representing the Holy Trinity
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer