Kilrush Flour Mill
Map Reference: S388650 (2388, 1650)
Kilrush Flour Mill is dated 1801 and was used as a corn mill in the 20th century.
It has two sections. The larger portion is six bays long and four storeys high. The smaller part is two bays long and four storeys high. There is a single-bay three-storey return on the north side. A huge metal breast-shot wheel is attached to the S gable. It is about 6m diameter and 2m wide. There are other buildings on the site including a mill-owners house.
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer