Map Reference: S533372 (2533, 1372)
At Knocktopher there is a fragment of a church. There are some sections of a wall with a window and most of a tower. This is all that remains of the medieval church of St David.
Under the tower is a double-effigy tomb, dating from the 14th or 15th century, and some early carved stones. The tower is square at the bottom and the octagonal top may be relatively modern.
The arch of the tower is Romanesque and probably dates from the 12th century.
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer