Map Reference: S463439 (2463, 1439)
This is All Saints' Church. It is a large rectangular building with a small two-light east window and a fragment of window in the south wall.
The west end of the church seems to have been used as a ball-alley. Within the church are some trapezoidal coffin lids with floreated crosses. There is also a good rectangular stone with a floreated cross and a lengthy inscription in relief.
However, for the most part, the decoration and inscription is very faint and is masked by lichen. Some of these stones may belong to the Sweetman family who flourished in the 16th and 17th centuries. Most of the memorials in the graveyard have very faint inscriptions and are mainly 19th century. One small stone outside the E gable of the church has a crucifixion scene and raised lettering (indecipherable).
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer