Map Reference: S596459 (2596, 1459)
This fountain was built by Colonel Bushe of Kilfane House in 1766. It was designed by Thomas Seigne who was strongly influenced by Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini. It is a cylindrical structure of limestone ashlar with three cut-linestone steps. There is a limestone stringcourse and it is capped by a dome with raised bands. This is topped by an obelisk finial on a square stage with inscribed plaques. It was constructed to supply water to the tenants on the Kilfane House Estate.
Return to County Kilkenny List
Return to Gazetteer