Bush Old School
Map Reference: J183068 (3183, 3068)
This schoolhouse was built about 1845, at the same time as the parish church which stands beside it. It is a four-bay single-storey rectangular structure with a loft. At the west end there are single-bay gable-fronted breakfronts to north and south. There is a pointed doorway in the middle of the south wall and a smaller pointed doorway within the angle created by the south breakfront. The windows are all pointed and have leaded diamond-pattern panes. The loft has single windows in all three gables. All the windows in the east gable are now blocked. In the north gable the lower central window is flanked by two narrow blocked windows. The building has been renovated for use as a community centre.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer