Carlingford Coastguard Row
Map Reference: J188117 (3188, 3117)
This seven-bay two-storey coastguard station was built in 1848. It was designed by Jacob Owens. It was later used as a courthouse and part of it is now used as a Garda station. Despite its variety of uses it has retained its original form and much of its fabric, including some of its original windows. It is a rectangular block with advanced gabled end bays to north and south.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer