Carlingford Railway Station
Map Reference: J189117 (3189, 3117)
This detached H-plan seven-bay single-storey railway station was built in 1876 and closed in 1952. It was constructed in the Tudor Revival style and is now in use as a tourist office. Two-bay gabled breakfronts at the north and south ends of the building, break to east and west. It is constructed of rock-faced squared limestone blocks with ashlar sandstone quoins and jambs. The square-headed window openings in these gables all have ashlar sandstone relieving arches. There are yellow clay crenellated chimney pots with barley-sugar and honeycomb patterns.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer