Map Reference: O113890 (3113, 2890)
An illustration of 1758 showed that this castle was then complete with a rectangular corner-tower. Now only part of the NW corner-tower remains. This is three storeys high and shows evidence of where the west wall of the main tower-house has been broken away. It must have projected by about 2.5m west from the line of wall of the main building. The tower contains remains of a spiral stairway which gave access to the first- and second-floor levels of the tower-house. It has three slit window openings with embrasures in the west wall and two in the north wall.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer