Map Reference: O112891 (3112, 3891)
This small rectangular building is probably the nave of a church with a missing chancel. It measures about 10m by 6m. The doorway in the west wall is a late insertion. It has two large slab lintels. The large window openings in the south wall are late insertions and one of them encroaches on a blocked-up doorway which was probably the original south entrance to this late medieval church. The semicircular arch in the east wall is probably a late feature. The alterations were probably carried out in the 17th century and the church was in ruins by 1692. Just outside the east wall is a mid-17th century gravestone with a raised-letter inscription.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer