Drogheda Market House

Map Reference: O091751 (3091, 2751)

View from SE

This three-bay two-storey market-house was built in 1769. It was designed by Hugh Darley. A six-bay extension was built to the north about 1780. The original building faces east. The central bay breaks forward and has a pediment.

At the ground floor there were originally three arched openings with a single arch at the south face. At first floor the central bay has a Venetian window with a limestone balustrade.

It is flanked by two rectanglar windows. At the south elevation there is a round-headed window. This also has a balustrade.

South elevation

Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer